What are you trying to say?(你到底想说什么?)
Don't be silly.
(别胡闹了。)
How strong are your glasses?
(你近视多少度?)
Just because.
(没有别的原因。)
It isn't the way I hoped it would be.
(这不是我所盼望的。)
You will never guess.
(你永远猜不到。)
No one could do anything about it.
(众人对此束手无措。)
I saw something deeply disturbing.
(深感事情不妙。)
Money is a good servant but a bad master.
(要做金钱的主人,莫做金钱的奴隶。)
I am not available.
(我正忙着)
Wisdom in the mind is better than money in the hand.(
脑中的知识比手中的金钱更重要)
Never say die.it's a piece of cake.
别泄气,那只是小菜一碟。
Don't worry.you'll get use to it soon.
别担心,很快你就会习惯的。
I konw how you feel.
我明白你的感受。
You win some.you lose some.
胜败乃兵家常事。
Don't bury your head in the sand.
不要逃避现实。
I didn't expect you to such a good job.
我没想到你干得这么好。
You are coming alone well.
你做得挺顺利。
She is well-build.
她的身材真棒。
You look neat and fresh.
你看起来很清纯。
You have a beautiful personality.
你的气质很好。
You flatter me immensely.
你过奖啦。
You should be slow to judge others.
你不应该随意评论别人。
I hope you will excuse me if i make any mistake.
如有任何错误,请你原谅
It was most careless ofme.
我太粗心了。
It was quite by accident.
真是始料不及。
I wish i had all the time i'd ever wasted,so i could waste it all over again.
我希望所有被我浪费的时间重新回来,让我再浪费一遍。
I like you the way you were.
我喜欢你以前的样子。
You two go ahead to the movie without me,i don't want to be a third wheel.
你们两个自己去看电影吧,我不想当电灯泡。
Do you have anyone in mind?
你有心上人吗?
How long have you known her
?你认识她多久了?
It was love at frist sight.
一见钟情
I'd bettle hit the books.
我要复习功课啦。
a piece of one's mind .
直言不讳
He gave me a piece of mind,"Don't shift responsibility onto others."
他责备道:不要把责任推卸到别人身上。
a cat and dog life
 水火不容的生活
The husband and his wife are always quarrelling,and they are leading a cat and dog life.
这对夫妇老是吵架,相互之间水火不容。
a dog's life
 潦倒的生活
The man lived a dog's life.
这个人生活潦倒。 
A to Z
 从头至尾
I know that from A to Z.
我很了解这件事。
above somebody
 深奥
Well,this sort of talk is above me.
我不懂你们在讲什么。
all ears
全神贯注地倾听着
When you tell Mary some gossip,she is all ears.
Mary讲一些小道消息,她会听地仔仔细细。
all the more
 更加,益发
You'll be all the better for a holiday.
度一次假,对你会更有好处。
all dressed up
打扮得整整齐齐
She is all dressed up and nowhere to go.
她打扮得整整齐却无处炫耀。
all in all
总的说来;最心爱的东西
The daughter is all in all to him.
女儿是他的无价宝。
all out
竭尽全力
They went all out.
他们鼓足了干劲。
all over
 全部结束;浑身,到处
Glad,it is all over.
这事全部结束了,好得很。
I'm wet all over.
我浑身都湿了。
all set
 准备就绪
He is all set for an early morning start.
他已做好清晨出发的一切准备。
all you have to do
需要做得是
All you have to do is to calm yourself down and wait for the good news.
你需要做得是静下心来等好消息。
as easy as falling of a log /as easy as snapping your fingers /as easy as ABC
容易得很
To me,a good story teller,it would be as easy as falling of a log.
对我来说,讲个故事还不是随手拈来。
as busy as a bee
非常忙
Mum is always as busy as a bee in the moring.
妈妈每天早上都忙得不可开交。
at one's fingertips
 了如指掌
How to get at that little island is at his fingertips.
他知道怎么去那个小岛。
at one's wit's end
 智穷
Don't ask him.It is also at his wit's end.
不要问他了,他也不知道。
big shot
大人物,大亨
He is a big shot in our little town.
black sheep
 败家子,害群之马
Every family has a black sheep.
家家有本难念的经。
black and blue
 遍体鳞伤
The thief was caught of red-handed and beaten black and blue.
那个小偷当场被抓住并被打得青一块紫一块的。
black and white
 白纸黑字
The proof is in black and white and the murderer has no any excuses.
证据确凿,凶手再也无话可说。
blind alley
 死胡同
You are heading into a blind alley.
你正在钻牛角尖。
blow hot and cold
 摇摆不定
This guy seemed to have no own idea.He always blew hot and cold.
这家伙好象没什么主张,总是摇摆不定。
blow one's own trumpet
 自吹自擂
Don't blow your own tumpet.Let us see what on earth you can do.
不要自吹自擂了,让我们看看你到底能做什么。
born with a silver in one's mouth
 出生在富贵人家
He is born with a silver in one's mouth.
他是含着金钥匙出生的。
bland new
崭新的
a bland new coat
 新衣服
break the ice
 打破沉默
The couple hadn't spoken to each other for a week.They were both waiting for the other one to break the ice.
这对夫妇已经一个星期没说过话了。两人都在等另一方先开口。
by a blow
 无意中的一击
He is beaten to the ground by a blow.
他被击到在地。
can't stand it any longer
 不能再忍受了
I can't stand it any longer,I quit.
我再也忍受不了了,我走。
carry something too far
 过火了
You are carrying your joke too far.
你玩笑开得太过分了。
castle in the sky
 海市蜃楼
You plan is nearly a castle in the sky.
你的计划简直就是空想。
cats got one's tongue
 哑口无言
chain smoker
老烟枪
come up with
产生,想出
Let me come up with some ideas.
让我想一想。
come easily
 容易
Languages come easily to some people.
有些人能够很容易地掌握语言。
cup of tea
 喜欢
Movies are not my cup of tea.
我不喜欢看电影。
cut it out
停止,住嘴
Cut it out!I can't stand you any longer.
call it a day
不再做下去,停止(某种活动)
Let us call it a day,stop.
这一天工作够了,停工吧! dark horse 黑马
Nobody considered that John would win the game.He was a dark horse in the final.
dear John letter
 绝交信
Jack received a dear John letter from his girlfriend because he had broken her heart.
do somone good
 对某人有好处
Having some moring exercises does you good.
Do you get me?
 你明白我的意思吗?
doesn't count
这次不算
It doesn't count this time,try again.
doesn't make sense
 不懂;没有任何意义
The sentence you made doesn't make any sense to me.
down and out
穷困潦倒
Being down and out,he couldn't support his family.
drive at
 用意,意欲
What's he driving at?
他用意何在?
drop in
偶然拜访
I dropped him in on my way to the hospital.
drop me a line
 写信给我
On arriving the University,please drop me a line.
early bird
 早起的人
An early bird catchs worms
。捷足先登
easy come easy go
来得快去得也快
eat my words
收回前言,认错道歉
I said something bad to my mum.Although I want to eat my words back, it didn't work,for I had hurt my mum's feeling.
face the music
直面困难
He knew he'd never get away with it so he decided to face the music and give himself up to the police.
他知道自己不可能逃脱,因此决定一人做事一人当——向警察自首。
face up to
勇敢地面对某事
You must learn to face up to your responsibilities.
fed up
 厌倦
I am rather fed up with your complaints.
feel free to do something
不要拘束
Please feel free to make suggestions.
few and far between
 很少,稀少
Human beings are few and far between in this zone.
French leave
 不辞而别
give me a headache
让人头痛
The naughty boy gave me a headache.
give me a hand
帮我一下
go Dutch AA

God bless you
上帝保佑你
God bless you with your examinations.
God knows
天知道
Got it?
明白了吗?
green thumbs /fingers
园艺技能
hands are full
 非常忙
have a ball
 勇敢
have had it
 受够了
I have had it with all your excuses.
我受够了你的借口。
hold water
 站得住脚
Non of his arguements seem to hold water.
in every sense of word
在某种意义上说
It's a lie in every sense of word.
这是不折不扣的谎言。
keep an eye on
 提高警惕
kill time
打发时间
lazy bones
懒骨头
Get up lazy bones!
leave it to me
 让我来吧
leave me alone
别管我 
like father like son
 有其父必有其子
like it or not
 不管你喜不喜欢
make a fool of oneself
 愚弄某人
make a big money
 赚大钱
make both ends need
收支平衡
We have to cut our expenses to make both ends need.
make waves
 引起轰动;兴风作浪
His achievement made waves in his country.
make yourself at home
别拘束
no good
没有好结果
Bad mam comes to no good.
no kidding
不要开玩笑
none of your bussiness
 不关你的事
not really
也不是……
old hand
 老手
He is an old hand at stealing.
old story
老一套
I am tired of it,same old story.
on one's word of honor
 以某人的人格担保
on occasion
间或
of one's own accord
 自愿地
packed like sardins
 拥挤
During the holidays,people in the trains are packed like sardins.
pass away
 去世
pay the price
 付出代价
You are playing with the fire and you must pay the poice one day.
put up with
 忍受
I cann't put up with your rudeness any more;leave my room.
red-letter day
重要的或值得纪念的日子
red tape
 繁文缛节
red carpet
 红地毯
run into
 偶遇
I ran into an old friend in the shop yesterday.
run out of
 用尽,缺少
Quick,quick,we are running out of time.
show up
炫耀
small potatos
 小人物
so what?
 那怎么样呢?
stand up for
忍受
suit one's taste
对某人的胃口
sunday dress
最好的衣服
sure thing
 十有把握的事
take one's time
尽情玩
Take your time and enjoy it.
take the words out of one's mouth
 说出某人想说得话
that's it
 就是
that is really something
太好了
there is nothing I can do
 我什么都不能做
there you go
这边请
there is nothing wrong with me
我没事
under the table
 死底下,秘密地
under the weather
 身体不适
what's going on
 怎么了
what a man
 多勇敢的人啊
walking dictionary
活字典
what is up
近来可好
Hi,I haven't seen you for a long time,what's up?
world class
 一流的