This is experimental and not considered safe for production. You have been warned.
Please note that this repo contains pre-release as well as release versions of Neo4j. To ensure that you get a release version you must specify an explicit version when installing.
First, you'll want our key:
cd /tmp wget http://debian.neo4j.org/neotechnology.gpg.key rpm --import neotechnology.gpg.key
Then, you'll want to add our yum repo to /etc/yum.repos.d/neo4j.repo:
cat <<EOF> /etc/yum.repos.d/neo4j.repo [neo4j] name=Neo4j Yum Repo baseurl=http://yum.neo4j.org enabled=1 gpgcheck=1 EOF
Finally, install a package
yum install neo4j-2.2.6
Run the following commands to download and import neotechnology's public gpg key into the rpm keyring
cd /tmp wget http://debian.neo4j.org/neotechnology.gpg.key sudo rpm --import neotechnology.gpg.key
Create the neo4j repo file using you editor of choice and add it to the yum repos definition directory. Add the following lines to the neo4j.repo file
name=Neo4j Yum Repo
nano neo4j.repo sudo cp neo4j.repo /etc/yum.repos.d/
Finally run the command to install neo4j
sudo yum install neo4j
Here are some things to note with the install:
- - An java jdk (openjdk) is installed and configured for you even if you already have one on the server.
- - The neo4j binaries are installed to /usr/share/neo4j
- - The neo4j properties files are installed to /etc/neo4j
- - The default/initial database location is /var/lib/neo4j
- - Neo4j is installed as a service in the stopped state. You can start it by running sudo service neo4j start. By default, the neo4j instance is only accessible viahttp://localhost:7474/. If you want to enable outside access, you need to uncomment the line in the neo4j-server.properties file: #org.neo4j.server.webserver.address=0.0.0.0 and restart the server.