XPSP2 PSDK Full Download with Local Install
Use the full download to copy the entire Windows XP SP2 SDK to a secure computer, then selectively install individual SDKs locally or to other computers.
1. Click the links on the right. The File Download dialog box is displayed.
2. Click each PSDK-FULL .cab file to save it. Save all .cab files to a temporary directory with at least 266 MB free space (for example, c:\psdktemp).
3. Click BAT File for Extraction and save the batch file to the same directory.
4. Go to the temporary directory using a command prompt. For example:
5. Run Psdk-full.bat to extract the full image from the .cab files. Specify an install directory with at least 1.4 GB free space. For example:
c:\psdktemp> psdk-full c:\psdk
This can take several minutes to complete.
6. Run Setup.exe to install the Platform SDK using the SDK Update interface.
Troubleshooting Full Downloads
During the download and installation process, if you should encounter a corrupted CAB file, simply download that CAB file once again. This is a problem that most likely occurred during the data transfer.