L83 after the elections
- Although the bed was smashed to pieces, the man was miraculously unhurt.
- Although Campbell reached a speed of over 304 miles per hour, he had great difficulty in controlling the car because a tyre burst during the first run
- even though
- Almost immediately he began to complain about the weather, for even though it was still summer, it rained continually and it was often bitterly cold
- even if
- The villagers have told him that they will not accept the pub even if he gives it away
- no matter + wh-
- People will do anything to see a free show — even if it is a bad one
- No matter how busy you are, he always insists on coming with you
- in spite of
- In spite of this, she often appears on the stage as a young girl.
- Despite her great age, she was very graceful indeed, but, so far, the archaeologists have been unable to discover her identity