It should prepare 4 disks as shared disk. In the project i create 4 disks from IP SAN storage.The usage of disks:
one for quorum (about 500M); one for msdtc cluster(about 500M); one for node 1 (200G); one for node 2 (200G) and should plan 4 ip address for windows server failover cluster,msdtc cluster, virual server 1 and server2 in sql cluster.of course ,it need 2 ip address additonally as hear beat checking.
1. Prepare two servers and windows 2008 failover cluster.testing failover cluster ,confirm the failover works fine.then should add MSDTC service as cluster resource in cluster administrator console, and
2. In cluster administrator console we create two group and move the disks prepared for sql nodes to each group. we should named the groups as sql server 2 and sql server 2.
The next is install sql server 2005 in each of node ,the path of setup is the disk in each of group . Startup two node , installation proceed in node1 first. after finished, install sql server 2005 in ohter node with name instance (just like sql2 ,it should be appoint node2\sql2 as identity in connection). the path of installation is the disk prepared for node2 in sql server 2 group. After all installation ,it should confirm that the nod1 is the owner of sql server 1 group and the node 2 is the owner of sql server 2 group. we should test the failover funtion.
3. Patch the sp3 of sql server 2005 in the sql cluster. During the processing ,all sql nodes should in running.Begin to instal in active node ( the owner of the quorum and msdtc is node1 ,so i called it active node). i have encouted a issure , it prompt me that no passive node in the cluster.because my sql serivice is ran by a domain account created for sql in users group. So i try to
For BIZTALK CLUSTER:
It should prepare IP AND DISK resources also, for clusters.
five ip address , one for windows 2003 cluster; one for biztalk cluster,one for msdtc cluster;two for hear beat.
two disks .one for quorum,one for msdtc .
1. install biztalk in node1 then node2.
2. configure the biztalk cluster .
all these opration i just referanced guide of microsoft. i encounted many issues ,all of them are related with permission ,include msdtc service (almost) and domain user permission. i have created many groups and users according the guide ,but i failed to configurate biztalk runtime. so i try to join administrtor accout of biztalk into domain administrators, the configuration wizard runing finished. The point is my mistrust, i can't verify it is a error about permission granted in guide or mabay it is cause by my enviroment. (windows server 2003 R2 64 bit + biztalk R2 WINDOWSERVER 2008 ENT 64BIT + SQL SERVER ENT 64 BIT)